Skiddle is the UK’s largest what’s on guide and leading ticket outlet for festivals, clubnights, gigs, sporting events, corporate events and much more – plus we offer other booking opportunities including hotels and restaurants. We are looking for an Editorial Assistant to engage with all of these things, so the successful applicant will receive free entry to some of the events on sale on the site.
We are currently on the look-out for a new staff member to support our growing editorial department. As an Editorial Assistant you will be responsible for helping write articles to discuss the differing events we have on sale, management of our social networks and working closely with an ever expanding team in one of the most exciting and dynamic industries in the UK.
- Assisting with the management Skiddle.com’s busy editorial section of music, events, hotel and restaurant news
- Writing and commissioning features, previews and news stories to aid the promotion of events
- Image sourcing
- Uploading and managing content and images using a CMS
- Arranging press accreditation for festivals and other events
- Playing a role in the implementation and creation of strategies for Skiddle’s social media presence
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Excellent copywriting/journalism skills and impeccable spelling and grammar
- A good knowledge of and interest in contemporary music, especially dance music
- A basic knowledge of the UK club, festival, live music and events scene
- A proactive attitude
- Highly motivated and organised, with the ability to juggle several tasks at once
- The ability to work well with colleagues at all levels
- A talent in being creative in the ways in which news coverage is reported, and a thirst to learn more
- A minimum second class degree or studying towards one in English, Journalism or other relevant subject area
- Previous Editorial experience, preferably within events and/or music
- Experience of website management using content management software
- Experience of managing the social media presence for an organisation
- Experience (or an understanding) of SEO principles
- Good industry contacts
- NCTJ qualified
- Experience and/or an Understanding of Google analytics and SEO
- A willingness to work outside of the normal 9-5
Please note that this is initially an internship position which will be carried out on a voluntary basis over a six week period; however you must be prepared to work at least three days a week- but don’t worry we won’t ask you to make the tea!
There will be a review at the end of the six week period, which performance pending will result in being offered a paid position within the company.
Please be aware that we are relocating to Longridge in Lancashire, which is where this position will commence in May or June 2014, therefore you must be able to travel here and work either 9-5 or 10-6 shifts during this time period (we are flexible about the exact times and can work around the availability of the successful candidate). We will cover your travel expenses and provide a weekly meal allowance.
To apply for this job please send your CV, covering letter, as well what you would change about the current news section (http://www.skiddle.com/news/) in a separate sheet in no more than 300 words to email@example.com.
Closing Date is 4pm Thursday 17th April, interviews commence the week of Monday April 28th.
Best of luck!