93% of festival-goers have not been put off by the recent terrorist attacks in Manchester and London and say they plan to attend festivals as normal this year.
The survey by events and ticketing agent, Skiddle, shows that almost all people who have bought tickets still plan to attend festivals large and small over the summer.
- Over three quarters (78%) said they refuse to be scared about attending live events
- Over half (55%) said they are unwilling to give up live music
- Over one third (36%) said they still believe live music events and festivals are safe
- Skiddle have seen a 21% increase in festival ticketing sales in 2017 from 2016.
Skiddle Co-Founder and Director Richard Dyer, commented:
“It’s encouraging to see the results of this survey and we are delighted that people are embracing the festivals and live music events with more enthusiasm than ever before.
“As we saw immediately after the attacks; community spirit and togetherness through music brought people closer together and it seems the public are refusing to let anything stop them from enjoying the festival season, which is a huge highlight of many people’s calendars.
“Skiddle have been based in the North West for over 16 years and all our staff are local to the area. As a result, the Manchester attack felt particularly close to home for us. They say the show must go on, and we are delighted to be able to do our bit to help people stick two fingers up at anyone who challenges this way of life.”
Notes for Editors
- The survey of festivalgoers was conducted by events and ticketing agent, Skiddle. Total sample size was 958 people from Skiddle’s database. Research was undertaken between 27 and 29 June 2017
- Skiddle was launched in May 2001 as a university project between friends Richard Dyer and Ben Sebborn and has grown to be the most popular ticket guide in the UK*
- Skiddle is the UK’s biggest and most comprehensive festival guide. Visit skiddle.com/festivals for more information
- Based in Lancashire, Skiddle are an independent platform, that offer a fair, flexible and customer-orientated approach to ticketing
Communications Manager | Skiddle
Tel: 01772 781726
Mob: 07905 email@example.com