Skiddle is looking for a News Editor to be based at our Head Office in Preston, Lancashire.
Essential experience for the role of News Editor at Skiddle includes:
- At least two years’ editorial experience, preferably in an online setting
- A first degree in English, Journalism or other relevant subject area
- Excellent copywriting/journalism skills and impeccable spelling and grammar
- A good knowledge of and interest in contemporary music, especially dance music
- A knowledge of the UK club and events scene
- Experience of website management using content management software
- Experience of managing the social media presence for an organisation
- Experience (or an understanding) of SEO principles
- A proactive attitude
- Highly motivated and organised, with the ability to juggle several tasks at once
- The ability to work well with colleagues at all levels
- Commercial awareness
If you’re interested, find out more about the News Editor role by visiting Skiddle’s Current Vacancies page.