Do you love music and excel at public relations? Know what makes CMU write about individual business, what excites Mashable and what writers at the Guardian cover ticket touting?
If so you could be the person we need to take us forward. In 2016 we rebranded our business, consolidating our values and visual identity as part of a renewed vigour to make ticketing better, and we need someone to help us spread this message far and wide to the media.
You’ll be someone who loves music, an accurate representation of the customers that underpin our business by being a regular club-goer, gig enthusiast and/or festival veteran. A PR professional, you will have at least two years experience in business and/or lifestyle PR, and the ability to work to a clear corporate strategy and shape the media perception of one of the most dynamic and rapidly evolving businesses in the music industry.
- 2 years PR experience within a relevant agency or organisation
- Excellent grammar, writing and verbal communication skills. Fluent in English.
- Proven track record in developing the brand identity of a business
- Your own car and clean driving licence
- Great organisation and project management skills
- You must love music, and this must be evident at all times throughout your prospective employment.
- Excellent contacts in lifestyle, tech, B2B, music industry and mainstream media, across print, online, TV and radio media
- Degree in English, Business or Media/Communication Studies
- Excellent social media skills
- Promoting Skiddle across all media types and categories
- Create and deliver successful campaigns to promote new feature and product launches such as Re:Sell and Cool:Off, securing features and news on our initiatives
- Writing all press releases for the business’ activity, as well as regular contributions to our Promotion Centre blog.
- Making sure we are considered the go to ticket company for insight within the industry, particularly in mainstream and broadsheet media
- Drive positive press coverage in popular consumer, music and technology media in the UK, including interviews and think pieces with our team.
- Develop healthy relationships with new media contacts and reporters
- Prepare materials (press releases, interview scripts, etc.) and act as a spokesperson for Skiddle, alongside MGMT figures
- Create content for our B2B promoter blog based on our PR message
You’ll be based in our new Manchester office, reporting directly to the company’s two directors and Head of Content & Communication. Salary is dependant on experience. Please send a cover letter and cv to Jimmy Coultas – email@example.com. Closing date Friday 24th March 4pm.