Skiddle, the UK’s largest what’s on guide is looking for a Community Manager to join the Content and Marketing team. We’re looking for someone to represent our business by managing and handling social media and content creation. Our ideal candidate would have strong writing and communications skills, social media and public relations experience.
Through engaging text, image and video content for social media and our busy website, our Community Manager will need a strong interest in the social media and music/events climate, and a great sense of humour. If you love attending gigs, clubs and festivals, and have a penchant for all things online, this could be the perfect job for you.
Hours: Monday – Friday 37.5 hours per week
Location: Time split between Longridge head office, and Liverpool or Manchester city centre offices
Salary: Dependent on experience
The job responsibilities include:
- Setting and implementing social media and communication campaigns to align with content and marketing strategies and calendars.
- Creating, managing and growing the company’s presence through Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and other relevant online platforms.
- Content creation – writing news articles, features for the website and also material for social media channels
- Video and image editing – creating small videos for social media alongside relevant images which match the brand’s designs/themes.
- Customer relations – engaging online with our customers, creating a lasting bond with those who use Skiddle.
- Analytics – Working with our Content Team on Sprout Social, Google Analytics and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on these.
- Social media and content coverage at events –
- Social media experience with a strong interest in social platforms and trends.
- Experience with writing content either on a full time or freelance basis.
- Excellent written communication.
- A good understanding/knowledge of Skiddle’s target audience (primarily 18-30 year olds who love going out) and what they’re into, how they converse and how to engage them.
- A good to excellent knowledge of dance music, live music and the festivals climate.
- Strong networking skills
- Experience with video editing – preferably for social media platforms.
- Creating strategies.
- Be in the possession of a clean driving licence with permanent access to a vehicle.
- A good sense of humour.
- A degree within a relevant field – journalism, marketing, social media.
- At least a year’s experience working in online content or social media.
- A good understanding on scheduling platform like Sprout Social.
- Good industry contacts.
- You’ll be based in our offices but will also have the opportunity to work from home as well as travel the UK to meet music industry professionals and attend award ceremonies
- Opportunities to get guestlist for gigs, clubs and festivals.
- Friendly, laid-back atmosphere
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org