Skiddle now support multiple payment options to suit your event.
Currently, Skiddle offer a fully managed payment system for your event’s ticketing. This requires no setup, ongoing fees or management from your end. You simply place your tickets on sale and we collect the money from the customer via Debit/Credit card. After this, we automatically deposit the money into your account within 7 days of your event taking place.
This payment system is ideal for most events as we take care of fraud screening, Payment Card Industry compliance, and ensure everything works smoothly even with the biggest of onsales. Plus, there is no cost to yourself for the service. We take care of all of this, which is usually the easiest and most convenient option for our promoters.
Some event promoters may prefer to utilise our new direct payment services. Rather than Skiddle processing the customer’s payments, you can now opt to have payments processed through your own Paypal account. Alternatively, if you have a merchant account with the bank, we can integrate with this.
Advantages/disadvantages of using direct payment (Paypal/Merchant account)
+ Money is deposited directly into your account, based upon the terms you have with Paypal/your bank. This could be as quick as 3 days after the sale, making funds available to you earlier.
+ You can issue refunds back to your customers yourself
+ You may benefit from 3rd party protection, such as paypal guarantee – please check with your provider.
– The payment service you use may impose longer settlement delays on your money (often with short notice). This may lead to delays in receiving your money if your account is deemed high risk.
– If your event is cancelled, you are legally obliged to refund customers. Failure to do so may result in direct claims against yourself.
– It may be time consuming for you to issue refunds if your event is cancelled
– You pay an additional fee to your payment provider to process the funds, often around 2-4%
– You are relying upon a single payment service, if they suffer downtime you cannot accept payments during that period
Advantages of using Skiddle’s payment system
- No cost to yourself, you receive the full face value of your tickets with no deductions
- Money is always transferred to you within 7 days of your event taking place.
- We give you protection against fraudulent use of cards for online orders. Using our 3D Secure integration, we can defend you against a chargeback if the cardholder denies taking part in an online transaction. This in turn reduces the chance of financial penalty.
- If your event is cancelled, we will automatically process refunds for your customers on your behalf.
- Tested to handle high traffic/high demand events, with backup options to ensure no payment downtime.
Usually funds cannot be released until after the event. Please contact an account manager to discuss exceptions to this. If you’d like to discuss using alternative payment methods for your event, please contact your account manager. Alternatively call 0843 289 9489 to discuss.
Skiddle is currently the UK’s biggest What’s On guide, providing a free facility for event promoters across the UK to list their events online and sell tickets through our independent ticketing service. We currently work with over 35,000 UK and European promoters, at over 30,000 venues. We specialise in helping events through that critical growing phase by providing the marketing and technology support that you need. Start listing your events today!