With the vast majority of people now using their phones to organise every aspect of their lives, reaching your target audience as a promoter can at times be tricky – until now. After extensive development, we released our Weekends Matter App for iPhone, iPod and iPad just before Christmas, with now over 10000 users. It’s an easy p[lace where your potential customers can now effortlessly navigate the UK’s largest What’s On Guide from the palms of their hands.
This all makes a promoter’s life easier – from the moment your potential customer signs in, the app determines the location of the user and integrates itself with the user’s Facebook, determining the artists the user follows on the social media platform. This then collaborates with the app, notifying the user when artists he or she is into announce gigs near them.
The app covers the entire British Isles rather than just a couple of cities, and events are easily browsed based on location, targeting those that are most likely to attend your event rather than an indiscriminate blanket campaign. The user also receives notifications – a message sent directly to their phones with events that will most fit them – so you can rest assured that your event will get the right exposure with the right people.
Our Weekends Matter app spans clubnights, live gigs, and comedy shows, as well as top local bars and upcoming festivals, covering a huge range of events taking place across the UK, so if your event’s not listed, you really are missing out. Here are some of its key features:
- Customers can search events based on date, category, location, what is trending and our recommendations. The app also picks personalised events based on the customer’s preferences.
- Attendees will have all their tickets stored on the app, making entry to the event a breeze.
- The app provides directions to the venue too, by integrating with the iPhone or tablet’s inbuilt map system.
- If the customer is unsure on who an artist on your line up is, the app links with Spotify so they can stream their music to find out more. They can then track that artist to ensuring they always know when and where they are playing. Once you’ve tagged artists in your event listing, you open yourself up to a lot more exposure.
- Booking fee free tickets – There’s thousands of events on the app without booking fees (at no cost to the promoter), making them even more desirable to your ticket buying audience
You can download the Weekends Matter app here to see for yourself the many features on offer. To find out how best to harness it’s appeal for your event contact your account manager or email our team.